Note: there are different types of Nigerian stew, but this is stew 101 for every Nigerian regardless of their tribe, it can be prepared with any protein like : chicken, turkey, fish, goat meat, Shaki, kpomo, beef, shrimps, lobster, pork, (round about, towel, liver) Lol ask your Nigerian friends about the names you don’t understand.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil, (depending on the quantity)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes and tomato paste
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken brot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or fresh pepper.
- Hot cooked brown rice, (optional)
- Sprinkle chicken or your choice of protein with salt, seasoning and pepper(optional). In a pot , cook chicken over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink; remove and set aside.In the same pan, saute onion and oil until tender. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute longer.Stir and add crushed tomatoes, cook for 5 min ( depending on the quantity) add tomato paste , 1-1/4 teaspoons thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15minutes or until there is little or no water in the pot. Add broth and chicken, (reduce heat) allow to cook for 15 -20min (depending on the quantity)heat through.Serve with rice if desired. Sprinkle with vegetables like carrot, sliced bell pepper, peas or green beans ( optional)
1-1/4 cups (calculated without rice): 275 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 636mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 or more vegetables, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Bridal Forecast 2019
You were asked the magical question and you said yes! First, my team and i will like to congratulate you. …
2019 Fashion Forecast
Experts have predicted the colors, fabrics, textures, materials, prints, graphics, beauty/grooming, accessories, footwear, street style, and other styles that will…